Did you see the Final Campsite Packing Gear Information? On the subject of tenting and glamping, I wish to plan out as a lot as attainable to make the expertise much less anxious and permit myself to be extra within the second reasonably than scrambling…as a result of I forgot to pack one thing.
That stated, I additionally wish to plan out meals so we don’t convey an excessive amount of and now we have satisfactory house for any perishable gadgets!
Heads up, this record is for 2 individuals over the span of a 2-night weekend journey—so should you’ve acquired extra people becoming a member of you, chances are you’ll need to double the required components.
Right here is my tenting meal plan + packing record!
The Meal Plan
On the subject of tenting, I would like no-fuss meals that remind me of tenting as a child. So enter the cheeseburgers, pancakes, pizza, and s’mores galore!
For probably the most half, we usually eat just about plant-based. This works nicely for tenting as a number of the vegan goodies don’t spoil as rapidly as non and may keep out a bit longer.
In case you choose non-vegan gadgets, ensure your perishables will keep on the proper temp to forestall them from going again!
Packing Listing and Meal Planning
After working up an urge for food with enjoyable and video games, you’ll desire a meal match for an UNO queen. And there’s nothing higher than making traditional campfire consolation meals then lingering over an extended meal.
For me, it’s all about easy and wholesome fixes. Right here’s what I at all times convey with me together with a pattern two-night menu.
These are the fundamentals that I maintain saved in my cub packs.
- Organic Hot Cocoa Powder
- Popcorn Kernels: Overlook film theatre popcorn! It’s all in regards to the campfire popcorn.
- Condiments: Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Nutritional Yeast (for popcorn), Honey, Sugar, Maple Syrup, Chili Flakes, Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil for Cooking (provided that you’ll have temp management)
- Vegetable Oil for Popcorn
- Truffle Oil for Popcorn and Eggs
- Ground Coffee (maintain in an hermetic container)
- Tea Bags
- 5.3-gallon Drinking Water: We at all times re-use the containers and refill regionally. Usually, that is sufficient for 2 individuals ingesting and cooking. BUT should you don’t have a water supply at your campsite, think about bringing extra for laundry dishes.
- Rusks: These dry biscuits/twice-baked breads are a preferred kind of South African biscotti. Individuals are loopy for rusks in South Africa and I’ve positively taken to them. Whereas they’re technically perishable, they final virtually without end.
Sausage Rolls/Sizzling Canines:
We purchase pre-made refrigerated pizzas from our native retailer however you possibly can convey all of the components and even bake from contemporary dough with the COBB pizza stone, Salad for a Facet Dish
Egg Croissant Sandwich:
Snacks + Drinks:
Kitchen + Cooking Necessities
If you are in all probability used to at all times having a backstock of meals, it’s important to make sure you don’t convey too little or an excessive amount of when you’re tenting.
We journey with a Jetboil Mini Mo and a Cobb grill, it’s good to have the choice of a fast single burner if we’re simply heating up a bit little bit of water or one thing small. However we completely love the Cobb for full meals and use it for just about each single meal.
Our Stovetop (1-2 individuals):
Our stuff is geared towards cooking for one to 2 individuals. Right here’s what we use:
Stovetop Choice 2 (3+ individuals):
In case you are likely to journey in a bigger group, go for one thing a bit larger:
Coal Cooking (For Any Quantity of Folks):
- Cobb: We love this for an excellent quaint BBQ!
- Cobb Coal: Go for the eco-friendly choice that matches right into a cobb
- Pizza Stone for Cobb: Whereas Italian wood-fired pizza is nice, that is my new fave.
- Cobb Cutting Board: Bamboo retains issues hygienic and you should utilize it as a serving board too.
Extra Cooking Gadgets:
Each true espresso lover is aware of that the majority of us have a espresso prep methodology very close to and expensive to our hearts. You’ll have a couple of good high quality choices whilst you’re tenting. And, fortunately, the Jetboil will boil water tremendous rapidly so that you don’t want an enormous pot, even should you’re brewing for a couple of individuals.
Listed here are a couple of good choices for brewing espresso:
And there you’ve gotten it, people, that is what I wish to pack when going tenting. Who doesn’t love pizza and popcorn?
What else would you make on a weekend tenting journey? Let me know within the feedback under!
And for the complete tenting setup—try the Final Campsite Packing Gear Information right here!